Knight Club HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knight Club HQ

You are not connected. Please login or register

retro game discussion thread

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1retro game discussion thread Empty retro game discussion thread Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:58 pm

WipWap666

WipWap666
Roleplayer II
Roleplayer II

if you have or know of any retro games with funny moments, references, cameos etc post them here. also post brilliant games that no-one has heard of.
i'll start with f-zero. its probably quite well known, but if you havent heard of it, its an awesome futuristic superfast racing game. i reccomend buying a snes and the original, but you can get a gba and gc version (in one of the tracks on gamecube theres a giant ROB but you move too fast to see it well). also it is the home of cptn falcon, owner of the FALCON PU-UNCH!!!!!

one more thing, everyone knows about zero wing, so don't bother mentioning it.

2retro game discussion thread Empty Re: retro game discussion thread Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:37 pm

ali ba ba

ali ba ba
Newb
Newb

Do a barrel roll
Star fox 64

http://rape'n'pilliage.org

3retro game discussion thread Empty Re: retro game discussion thread Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:09 pm

WipWap666

WipWap666
Roleplayer II
Roleplayer II

or by its actual european release name, lylat wars (if anyone wants to track it down they might need to know what the game is called, ali ba ba) you can download it for roughly £7 off the Wii shop channel and a remake is being released with the 3ds at launch in march. or you could do what i'm doing and buy an N64
and "do a barrel roll!" is not a good description/the only good thing. its an all-vehicle combat game with land, air and undewater levels. you play as fox mcloud(an actual fox) with a fleet consisting of falco the falcon, peppy the rabbit(do a barrel roll!) and the incredably annoying slippy toad. the starfox fleet have to defend the lylat system from a giant space-head called andross and fox's nemesis wolf o'donnel. the storyline and characters may be messed up but the action and scenery is brilliant(for the N64). it is also the first nintendo game to have a rumble feature

4retro game discussion thread Empty Re: retro game discussion thread Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:53 pm

Phantoba

Phantoba
Newb
Newb

How about Doom? It was a first-person shooter (one of the first) and it is widely considered the defining fps of its time. It's on PC/GBA and I'm not sure how much it costs.

5retro game discussion thread Empty Re: retro game discussion thread Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:00 pm

ali ba ba

ali ba ba
Newb
Newb

Phantoba wrote:How about Doom? It was a first-person shooter (one of the first) and it is widely considered the defining fps of its time. It's on PC/GBA and I'm not sure how much it costs.

i thinks its on xbox live arcade too dont quote me though on that

6retro game discussion thread Empty Re: retro game discussion thread Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:08 pm

Teh High Administrator

Teh High Administrator
Admin
Admin

Phantoba wrote:How about Doom? It was a first-person shooter (one of the first) and it is widely considered the defining fps of its time. It's on PC/GBA and I'm not sure how much it costs.

and Playstation. get your facts right. Cool

http://knic.roflforum.net

7retro game discussion thread Empty Re: retro game discussion thread Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:24 pm

WipWap666

WipWap666
Roleplayer II
Roleplayer II

on the topic of doom, wasn't it the game with the most mods evar?!?!
the alien mod looks the coolest and most natural, but my inner fanboy just screams for the megaman mod: unlimited arm cannon as the only weapon; lava instead of water; steel instead of stone; robots replacing demons; best of all, pixels the size of your fist!!!!

8retro game discussion thread Empty Re: retro game discussion thread Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:35 pm

WipWap666

WipWap666
Roleplayer II
Roleplayer II

street fighter (1 or 2, can't remember) has an awesome ending if you complete it as the russian character (can't remember his name). what happens is as follows: fight ends, KO appears, helicopter arrives, character turns round, soviet troops drop from chopper, rope ladder drops, gorbachev climbs down, soviet flag flashes up, gorbachev congratulates you. game ends.
oh, one more thing, before the credits roll everyone (gorbachev and soldiers included) does a big cossack dance.

9retro game discussion thread Empty Re: retro game discussion thread Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:54 pm

ali ba ba

ali ba ba
Newb
Newb

one of the best 3d shooters ever has been remade into one dazzling pixel line in WOLFINSTIEN 1-D in this amazing remake you shoot things then open doors.. brillaint. also i lol'd when i beat the game (1 minute after starting it) i was asked to donate to appogee for the next episodes. a company who went bankrupt during the making of the oother small game that no one has heard of called DUKE NUK'EM FOREVER
just play it
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

10retro game discussion thread Empty Re: retro game discussion thread Sun May 01, 2011 9:32 pm

WipWap666

WipWap666
Roleplayer II
Roleplayer II

on the topic of classic shooters, the shooter i think takes the most skill, uses the most realistic gameplay mechanic, is the most real in terms of damage, has a fair difficulty curve and (although lacking in graphics and storyline) is my favourite shooter ever, and surprisingly is on a nintendo console.
i speak, of course, of Duck Hunt. anyone wishing to try it out should RETHINK THEIR LIFE as they have yet to buy a NES, the glorious motherconsole (apart from pc)

11retro game discussion thread Empty Re: retro game discussion thread Mon May 02, 2011 3:56 pm

ali ba ba

ali ba ba
Newb
Newb

Commander C. Wead wrote:on the topic of classic shooters, the shooter i think takes the most skill, uses the most realistic gameplay mechanic, is the most real in terms of damage, has a fair difficulty curve and (although lacking in graphics and storyline) is my favourite shooter ever, and surprisingly is on a nintendo console.
i speak, of course, of Duck Hunt. anyone wishing to try it out should RETHINK THEIR LIFE as they have yet to buy a NES, the glorious motherconsole (apart from pc)
NOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo................! *splash*
that game sucks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum