Knight Club HQ

You are not connected. Please login or register

MMOs anyone?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 MMOs anyone? on Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:12 pm

WipWap666

avatar
Roleplayer II
Roleplayer II
while sitting at home bored with my laptop (as i so often do) i decided to start up some old MMO accounts. i began with runescape, a popular (but bad) point and click mmorpg that i played roughly twice in year six. i was talked into it by a group of schoolchums who thought it would be a laugh to return to runescape.
even more recently i remembered OGame, probably my favourite mmo ever. it would be great if this were to return to KniC as the ogame knight club alliance was probably the most important reason this forum began. without ogame, teh high admin would not have made this forum, thus not recieving society honours, and would then have to pay for LARP! how horrible!

View user profile

2 Re: MMOs anyone? on Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:56 pm

Us social elitists have it so hard, le sigh. Razz


Seriously, get people to join.

View user profile http://knic.roflforum.net

3 Re: MMOs anyone? on Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:10 pm

Which 'Universe' do you want us to join on? Or do we just go on any one we want?

View user profile

4 Re: MMOs anyone? on Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:14 pm

WipWap666

avatar
Roleplayer II
Roleplayer II
gemini is the default sign up server, so use that. the n00bs who start up for the first time will not expect us ex-andromeda pros!

View user profile

5 Re: MMOs anyone? on Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:55 pm

LivingByTheCreed

avatar
Roleplayer III
Roleplayer III
Agreed. I will set up the alliance now, as I'm here and can be bothered to.

Tag will be KniC, so just search that. Equally, yes I will run it and no I will not make it a dictatorship. Or Communist (Yes Simmons, that was directed at you.)

Also, I request that we remove some of the spam topics on the forums as most of them are insane bullcrap as one, I believe, consists of worshiping some kind of cow.

Anyway on to the alliance. Post ur Ogame-names here so I can send friend requests and alliance invites.

View user profile

6 Re: MMOs anyone? on Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:41 am

WipWap666

avatar
Roleplayer II
Roleplayer II
Wipwap666
probably gonna make my planet a well defended alliance resource storage planet.

View user profile

7 Re: MMOs anyone? on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:43 pm

UserName: Marneon
Probable Planet Usage: Resources/ship production (not necessarily fighting)

View user profile

8 Re: MMOs anyone? on Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:16 am

Phantoba wrote:Probable Planet Usage: Resources/ship production (not necessarily fighting)

That, comrade is how you fail at the game.

OGame is DESIGNED to have conflict, like travian. You need to be armed to the teeth to win (note, i'm top 1000 on travian UK3)

View user profile http://knic.roflforum.net

9 Re: MMOs anyone? on Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:53 am

LivingByTheCreed

avatar
Roleplayer III
Roleplayer III
Note how the russian managed to belittle shaun while bragging about being decent in a om nom nom MMO.

Will, seriously, ALLY! don't try and piss people off. (I know that's hypocritical but it's true)

View user profile

10 Re: MMOs anyone? on Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:04 am

LivingByTheCreed wrote:Note how the russian managed to belittle shaun while bragging about being decent in a om nom nom MMO.

Will, seriously, ALLY! don't try and piss people off. (I know that's hypocritical but it's true)
It's Sam, not Sean (or shaun).

Ima make an account now, for the lulz.

any specifics I need to know? how am I be closer? can haz grammar?

View user profile http://knic.roflforum.net

11 Re: MMOs anyone? on Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:59 am

GLORIOUS MOTHERLAND

(I signed up and pointed out some grammar failures)

View user profile http://knic.roflforum.net

12 Re: MMOs anyone? on Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:13 pm

Will, I said not necessarily fighting. I will fight if the alliance wishes me to, I'm just not gonna go around starting wars with everyone and their brother. I was planning, to be a sort of support planet.

View user profile

13 Re: MMOs anyone? on Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:49 pm

My post still stands, you didn't refute the point at all.

View user profile http://knic.roflforum.net

14 Re: MMOs anyone? on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:32 pm

you don't have to worrry yourselves i will NOT be playing this game for the simple fact that for the 3 hours i played this game i found myself asleep for 2 hours and 56 minutes of it.

View user profile http://rape'n'pilliage.org

15 Re: MMOs anyone? on Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:04 pm

LivingByTheCreed

avatar
Roleplayer III
Roleplayer III
Right, Sam, Will, stop getting on each-other's nerves.

Since when did I become the mediator?

Anyway, I've given you all ranks. Sean and Sam, ur Engineer Rank. Simmons, Warrior.

If you want something different ask and I'll see what I can do.

Anyway, thoughts on what we should do? Obviously, no starting any wars until we are far better prepared, but I need an Idea of what everyone wants to do.

In order to keep votes anonymous to prevent ridicule from Know-It-All-Bigots *cough* Simmons *cough*
Message me in-game so I can get a few plans going. Ja ne.

View user profile

16 Re: MMOs anyone? on Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:34 pm

Raurie, I don't think you understand that just jumping in and blaming both sides for a non-existent problem isn't being a mediator.

I made a point.
He failed to counter that point and answered with an avoiding reply.
I noticed this and in turn pointed it out.



Also, stop with the personal insults because you will get warned for it, no matter what player it is.

View user profile http://knic.roflforum.net

17 Re: MMOs anyone? on Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:27 pm

LivingByTheCreed

avatar
Roleplayer III
Roleplayer III
In actual KniC news, I've stuck up a link to our homepage on our Ogame frontpage.

View user profile

18 Re: MMOs anyone? on Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:04 pm

LivingByTheCreed wrote:In actual KniC news, I've stuck up a link to our homepage on our Ogame frontpage.

After my suggestion to. Razz

View user profile http://knic.roflforum.net

19 Re: MMOs anyone? on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:46 pm

LivingByTheCreed

avatar
Roleplayer III
Roleplayer III
Goddammit Will! This is an F-ing forum! Stop canceling out others opinions just because they don't suit your own! Here is an attempted repeat of what I said before the Dictator deleted it.

Will, I don't think you understand that deliberately antagonistic comments are a problem, seeing as you saw fit to accuse him of
failing at the game
and then bragging about being in the
top 1000 for Travian
While this may be a fact, you ARE still gloating.

On top of that, you decided to
push your point
deliberatly trying to antagonoze Sam after he gave you a completely
avoiding
and non-confrontational reply, which you are now trying to do with me by
warning
me and
blaming both sides
when I merely told you two to stop getting on each-others nerves.

Now, after I posted this the first time, you have deleted it in order to elicit some response from me while trying to stop me from openly criticizing you on 'YOUR' board, even though it was made for KniC, and blatantly pretending you didn't by leaving the Ogame news on there and now again bringing attention to yourself with your
After My Suggestion To
.

Stop pushing this Simmons. You and I are about to fall out because I don't like who you're becoming. Stop getting in the way off the thread and do something constructive, like the Alliance Logo or CHAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR FFFFFFFFFOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View user profile

20 Re: MMOs anyone? on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:26 pm

Actually, the fact that I rank in the top 1000 of a similar game is not gloating, and as I explained to you, it simply qualifies my point and makes it more valid than 'HURR DURR UR DOIN IT WRONG'

Avoiding a point is more confrontational than a reply, seeing as it in turn is designed only to frustrate the original person by ignoring them and proving that they either didn't read the post or refused to give you an adequate reply.


And to say 'stop getting on each others' nerves' simply pushes the fact that you didn't read the argument yourself due to a lack of argumentative point that would prove either side was getting on the others' nerves (also, there's no proof that either of us were annoyed, seeing as it lasted what? three posts before you came into it?)

This is actually a completely differently structured text and you seem to have taken out a particularly insulting paragraph that involved personal attacks and threats, oh my, it seems my tactic of moderation yielded better results, eh?


Warnings are given to people who break the rules Rolling Eyes
Teh High Administrator wrote:- Aggressive or slanderous messages, as well as personal insults, the coarseness and vulgarities, and more generally any message contravening the French laws are prohibited.

Any message contravening the listing above will be edited or removed without additional notice or justification within deadlines which will depend on the availability of the moderators.

Internet is neither an anonymous space, nor a space of no-right!

IT WILL BE AT THE ADMIN AND MODERATORS' DECISIONS TO WARN/BAN YOU.
argument with mod/admin decision = BAN

View user profile http://knic.roflforum.net

21 Re: MMOs anyone? on Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:10 pm

LivingByTheCreed

avatar
Roleplayer III
Roleplayer III
Ur modding tactic consisted of ignorning what I said, and as you said;

Teh High Administrator Wrote:

Avoiding a point is more confrontational than a reply, seeing as it in turn is designed only to frustrate the original person by ignoring them and proving that they either didn't read the post or refused to give you an adequate reply.

And stop getting on eachother's nerves is a generic phrase for 'Stop attempting to irritate one another.' I was merely trying to stop the thing before it turned into a flame war, which you now seem intent on continuing with me.

Also, while there was no evidence of either of you being annoyed, you were attempting to yield an agonised response from Sam, as is typical of you. Your use of the warning system is CRAP because nobody ever bloody knows they've been warned unless you tell them.

While your 1000 in travian thing may have added some form of emphasis, IT IS STILL BRAGGING. It did not need to be entered, and without that gloating phrase, your so-called point did indeed consist of;

Teh High Administrator Wrote:

'HURR DURR UR DOIN IT WRONG' : That is How You Fail At The Game

Also, Ogame is different to Travian in that you don't get RAPED by higher ranking players after day 3. It's actually far more balanced than that so you DO get to choose whether or not to be Combat-Effective, instead of having to be, which makes that point invalid.

Also, your need to press the point with Sam and your personal view that it was meant to antagonise you shows that you were antagonised by it, thus proving that he was at least getting on YOUR nerves. so I was correct in my assessment.

And as to your point about this alledged 'Paragraph Of Insults' Well, I'm afraid that might be believable had you not DELETED any incriminating evidence which may have been in my previous post, which YOU saw fit to DESTROY in an attempt to silence me.

Also, what is the point of using the French law when everyone using the Forum is ENGLISH? Come on simmons, since when have the french been useful to us?

Now, are you going to get your flaming backside off of our damn thread or are you going to continue to take up thread space with your antagonistic comments in a vain attempt to continue this pointless flame war?

View user profile

22 Re: MMOs anyone? on Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:51 am

LivingByTheCreed wrote:Ur modding tactic consisted of ignorning what I said, and as you said;

Teh High Administrator Wrote:

Avoiding a point is more confrontational than a reply, seeing as it in turn is designed only to frustrate the original person by ignoring them and proving that they either didn't read the post or refused to give you an adequate reply.

And stop getting on eachother's nerves is a generic phrase for 'Stop attempting to irritate one another.' I was merely trying to stop the thing before it turned into a flame war, which you now seem intent on continuing with me.

Also, while there was no evidence of either of you being annoyed, you were attempting to yield an agonised response from Sam, as is typical of you. Your use of the warning system is CRAP because nobody ever bloody knows they've been warned unless you tell them.

While your 1000 in travian thing may have added some form of emphasis, IT IS STILL BRAGGING. It did not need to be entered, and without that gloating phrase, your so-called point did indeed consist of;

Teh High Administrator Wrote:

'HURR DURR UR DOIN IT WRONG' : That is How You Fail At The Game

Also, Ogame is different to Travian in that you don't get RAPED by higher ranking players after day 3. It's actually far more balanced than that so you DO get to choose whether or not to be Combat-Effective, instead of having to be, which makes that point invalid.

Also, your need to press the point with Sam and your personal view that it was meant to antagonise you shows that you were antagonised by it, thus proving that he was at least getting on YOUR nerves. so I was correct in my assessment.

And as to your point about this alledged 'Paragraph Of Insults' Well, I'm afraid that might be believable had you not DELETED any incriminating evidence which may have been in my previous post, which YOU saw fit to DESTROY in an attempt to silence me.

Also, what is the point of using the French law when everyone using the Forum is ENGLISH? Come on simmons, since when have the french been useful to us?

Now, are you going to get your flaming backside off of our damn thread or are you going to continue to take up thread space with your antagonistic comments in a vain attempt to continue this pointless flame war?

You don't understand the word flame in the context you mean it, stop using it, it's embarrassing to you. I don't think there's any other way of warning people than warning them, you can't warn a warning, especially with people like you who take it a step up and ask for this kind of crap.

A need to press a point makes no implication or explicit statement that I am angered in any way, this in turn proves that you have incorrectly read the emotions and views of others.

-------Regarding the lower section of quote

You actually have little proof that that is the case, as anyone with the drive has more chance of steamrolling you on OGame than in travian, it's simply down to the social aspects of the gamers, one which is wildly unpredictable at the best of times. I was certainly not gloating by qualifying my argument, which you don't seem to understand. If it were not in the same context it may be taken as gloating, however in context is a different matter.

That paragraph may not be here, but do to you spamming the thread with hypocrisy, I don't think there's much doubt that it was there, of course it does state that I was the last to edit it.

Actually, I believe you're being far more antagonistic here. Also, this server is hosted in France, that was a copypasta of their conditions.

This is not your thread and you were the one who actually started this argument by coming in here and white knighting all over the place. If you weren't so hypocritically antagonising, perhaps this would be over now.

View user profile http://knic.roflforum.net

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum