Knight Club HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knight Club HQ

You are not connected. Please login or register

LARP Qs

+4
The Unsung Hero
LivingByTheCreed
MrC
Teh High Administrator
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1LARP Qs Empty LARP Qs Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:37 pm

Teh High Administrator

Teh High Administrator
Admin
Admin

Okay, so i'm looking at making a healing charachter, a cleric for the LARP i would assume? or are there better healing classes?

would [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] be an acceptable weapon?
i'm also looking at glaives, but they all seem rather short-handled...
i'm also looking at the beginners toy bow (cheap) but i'm a little worried about having to buy arrows for use. the money wielders of the house dislike paying money for my enjoyment... Rolling Eyes

Also, will we be moving arround away from 'base camp' for long periods of time? knowing if i'll need any satchels would be nice, i'm looking at a few that can hold some drinks that i can carry arround (2 litre bottle holder) so i can keep up the fight Razz

also, is this full medieval dress? cause' that stuff's expensive. can we use generic black t-shirts at all (wouldn't have an armour value?

otherwise, i'm going topless and with a party hat. LARP Qs 299877

http://knic.roflforum.net

2LARP Qs Empty Re: LARP Qs Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:08 pm

MrC

MrC
Epic Shadow Ninja Mod
Epic Shadow Ninja Mod

"Clerics are restricted to using blunt weapons by their vows as to draw blood would be an unwilling sacrifice to the Gods, which is offensive to them."

'Tis in the rules...

Some versions of 'healer' could include:

Human Cleric/Paladin
Human Skill - Educated
Cleric Skill - Healing Hands
Paladin Skill - Heal Self
Cleric Skill (Lvl2) - Cure OR Paladin Skill (Lvl2) - Heal Other
This one could use that sword, through the Paladin side of things...

Elven Cleric/Druid
Elf Skill - Meditate
Druid Skill - Brew Lesser Potion
Cleric Skill (Lvl2) - Cure

Dwarven Cleric/Stalwart
Dwarf Skill - Educated
Stalwart Skill - Power Stance OR Toughness
Dwarf Skill (Lvl2) - Rune Wise OR Cleric Skill (Lvl2) - Cure
This one too could use a sword, but would be unlikely to.

Generic Cleric
Racial Skill - Whatever
Cleric Skill - Blessing OR Miracle
Cleric Skill (Lvl2) Cure

All the above utilise all 5 character points, but would be very different characters. The Elf would be the most traditional 'healer'.

3LARP Qs Empty Re: LARP Qs Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:11 pm

MrC

MrC
Epic Shadow Ninja Mod
Epic Shadow Ninja Mod

Teh High Administrator wrote:also, is this full medieval dress? cause' that stuff's expensive. can we use generic black t-shirts at all

As realistic as possible. you're onto a losing battle if you buy all your kit. It's much heaper to make or beg or scrounge or scout through charity shops for. A lot of my kit was custom and so very expensive, but I got it cheaper through having the right contacts. It doesn't have to be fully authentic (after all, what were Beastmen wearing at the Battle of Culloden?), but a decent fantasy standard is expected. You can pick up some stuff quite cheaply. A poufy white shirt and cheap leather trousers is a good base point to build from.

4LARP Qs Empty Re: LARP Qs Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:25 pm

Teh High Administrator

Teh High Administrator
Admin
Admin

this is why minimum working age laws should be dumped!

5LARP Qs Empty Re: LARP Qs Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:09 pm

LivingByTheCreed

LivingByTheCreed
Roleplayer III
Roleplayer III

Speak for yourself. I worked with my dad all summer and I'm doing it every half term and holiday from now on. I've got a bit of cash to throw around.

6LARP Qs Empty Re: LARP Qs Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:37 am

Teh High Administrator

Teh High Administrator
Admin
Admin

LivingByTheCreed wrote:Speak for yourself. I worked with my dad all summer and I'm doing it every half term and holiday from now on. I've got a bit of cash to throw around.

Rolling Eyes

then why don't you take yuuki out on a date then?!

7LARP Qs Empty Re: LARP Qs Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:28 pm

LivingByTheCreed

LivingByTheCreed
Roleplayer III
Roleplayer III

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by LivingByTheCreed on Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:32 pm; edited 6 times in total

8LARP Qs Empty Re: LARP Qs Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:58 pm

The Unsung Hero

The Unsung Hero
Roleplayer I
Roleplayer I

Do you know anywhere I could get cheap material to make a cloak, with enough spare to make a hood.

I would also prefer it to be green... Question

9LARP Qs Empty Re: LARP Qs Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:16 pm

MrC

MrC
Epic Shadow Ninja Mod
Epic Shadow Ninja Mod

The Unsung Hero wrote:Do you know anywhere I could get cheap material to make a cloak, with enough spare to make a hood.

Go for polar fleece if you can. Check out fabric shops or simply go online and look for it...

10LARP Qs Empty Re: LARP Qs Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:33 pm

The Unsung Hero

The Unsung Hero
Roleplayer I
Roleplayer I

MrC wrote:
The Unsung Hero wrote:Do you know anywhere I could get cheap material to make a cloak, with enough spare to make a hood.

Go for polar fleece if you can. Check out fabric shops or simply go online and look for it...

I would prefer to make it by hand, it is both cheaper, and will also help me practice vital skills needed to survive in the event of a global apocalypse.

11LARP Qs Empty Re: LARP Qs Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:54 pm

LivingByTheCreed

LivingByTheCreed
Roleplayer III
Roleplayer III

Yes, because in the hour of an apocalypse you'll spend your time knitting rather than fighting for survival. Have fun with that, i'll be out killing people. Very Happy

12LARP Qs Empty Re: LARP Qs Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:54 pm

Teh High Administrator

Teh High Administrator
Admin
Admin

LivingByTheCreed wrote:Yes, because in the hour of an apocalypse you'll spend your time knitting rather than fighting for survival. Have fun with that, i'll be out killing people. Very Happy

"Not without meeee, Taro-sempai!" *clings with shotgun in free hand*

I'd personally be locating a hidden bunker with decent rations to make may base of operations, from there, i can work on rebuilding the world
AND MY NOVOGRAD! FOR THE RIGHTEOUS DICTATORSHIP, COMRADES!

13LARP Qs Empty Re: LARP Qs Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:01 pm

LivingByTheCreed

LivingByTheCreed
Roleplayer III
Roleplayer III

Ah, no. I'd blow you the hell up first.
And if a bunker like that existed, the people who owned it would've sealed it and loced you out by the time you got there.

14LARP Qs Empty Re: LARP Qs Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:24 pm

The Unsung Hero

The Unsung Hero
Roleplayer I
Roleplayer I

Would these count as short weapons?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

15LARP Qs Empty Re: LARP Qs Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:27 pm

The Unsung Hero

The Unsung Hero
Roleplayer I
Roleplayer I

Teh High Administrator wrote:
LivingByTheCreed wrote:Yes, because in the hour of an apocalypse you'll spend your time knitting rather than fighting for survival. Have fun with that, i'll be out killing people. Very Happy

I'd personally be locating a hidden bunker with decent rations to make may base of operations, from there, i can work on rebuilding the world

Can I come into your bunker?

I'll be the guy who sits in the corner of the room watching all the people around him get on with their daily lives whilst it dawns on him that the om nom nom has hit the fan. In the process he goes on a murderous rampage whilst staying anonymous, before being killed in some way because of the cunning plans of my killer...

Sounds good, huh?

16LARP Qs Empty Re: LARP Qs Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:30 pm

Teh High Administrator

Teh High Administrator
Admin
Admin

The Unsung Hero wrote:
Teh High Administrator wrote:

Can I come into your bunker?

I'll be the guy who sits in the corner of the room watching all the people around him get on with their daily lives whilst it dawns on him that the om nom nom has hit the fan. In the process he goes on a murderous rampage whilst staying anonymous, before being killed in some way because of the cunning plans of my killer...

Sounds good, huh?

lol, my word auto-sensor works, all i can say.

17LARP Qs Empty Re: LARP Qs Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:35 pm

The Unsung Hero

The Unsung Hero
Roleplayer I
Roleplayer I

Is there a planned date for the LARP, or if not, a general date, my schedule is very busy, and I don't want to buy loads of equipment and realize that I can't come.

18LARP Qs Empty Re: LARP Qs Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:48 pm

MrC

MrC
Epic Shadow Ninja Mod
Epic Shadow Ninja Mod

The Unsung Hero wrote:Would these count as short weapons?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yes. Just.

19LARP Qs Empty Re: LARP Qs Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:30 pm

Phantoba

Phantoba
Newb
Newb

When is it actually going to be, because I want to know if I'll be able to save up for a set of equipment by then.

Edit: Also, will this be a one off thing, or will it become an annual thing? Because I'm not sure if my parents would appreciate me spending £145.92 on a one off event.
(I found a set of armour and a weapon that comes to around that, probably the cheapest I could find)

20LARP Qs Empty Re: LARP Qs Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:11 pm

MrC

MrC
Epic Shadow Ninja Mod
Epic Shadow Ninja Mod

I'm looking at July just now. As to how likely a repeat would be, that would depend on the success of the first one, but I'd say it's very likely to be at least annual, possibly increasing to bi-annual if it all goes well.

21LARP Qs Empty Re: LARP Qs Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:09 pm

Phantoba

Phantoba
Newb
Newb

Thanks for clearing that up, now maybe my parents will feel a bit better about me buying stuff for it, as they haven't really been that keen. (although I have narrowed the needed purchases to a helmet and sword, my dad has a sleeveless leather tunic, and some pieces of leather I can use for the chest piece, bracers and greaves)

22LARP Qs Empty Re: LARP Qs Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:47 pm

WipWap666

WipWap666
Roleplayer II
Roleplayer II

so tell me forum; sword or axe? throwing knives or flintlock? dwarf engineer or human rogue?

edit: doesn't matter, decided on human rogue/ranger with dual shortswords and throwing knives (other option was £50 more, required more effort and wasn't as good)

Last edited by Commander C. Wead on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

23LARP Qs Empty Re: LARP Qs Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:12 pm

Teh High Administrator

Teh High Administrator
Admin
Admin

Commander C. Wead wrote:so tell me forum; sword or axe? throwing knives or flintlock? dwarf engineer or human rogue?

level 15 Uber troll.

wielding a keyboard and shielded by a firewall.

24LARP Qs Empty Re: LARP Qs Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:41 pm

vlad_konrad

vlad_konrad
The Blacksmith
The Blacksmith

theres this guy called ogunshi on youtube who has weapon making tutorials and he works for a company whom make this stuff proffesinally and theres also stuff on making light chainmail and leather armour

25LARP Qs Empty Re: LARP Qs Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:01 pm

vlad_konrad

vlad_konrad
The Blacksmith
The Blacksmith

and theres loads of haberdasheries around st albans flower

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum